Worm Studio vermicomposter
Handmade in Ottawa, Canada | Plastic free | Free shipping (100% carbon neutral)
The Worm Studio is a beautiful indoor worm bin that you can use to convert your kitchen scraps into healthy soil in a hygienic way without any hassles or smells. The vertical migration system makes the composting process seamless by removing the need to manually separate the wormies from the castings (fertilizer). You simply feed them your scraps in the upper bin while harvesting the bottom bin to get the castings.
How does it work?
- Start by adding your kitchen scraps to the bottom bin
- When that bin gets full, stack the 2nd bin on top and continue feeding. Once that it full, you add the third bin.
- The wormies finish eating the scraps from the bottom bin and travel upwards through the mesh in search for fresh food, leaving behind their castings
- When the top bin is almost full, it's time to harvest castings
- Simply remove the bottom bin, empty out the contents, and place it on top of your stack and continue feeding
- By continuously rotating the bins, you will get fresh castings every 3-4 months
How much can I feed the wormies?
You can add between 3-4 kg of your kitchen scraps every week once the system is mature.
The Worm Studio is sold as a DIY kit and requires a Phillips head (+) screwdriver or drill to assemble. It's so easy that even your 12 year old can assemble it.
Every order includes a digital instruction sheet, feeding guide, troubleshooting guide, and a link to access our exclusive online forum where you can interact with other compost heroes, ask questions and stay motivated in your composting journey. Get ready for a life changing experience!